Photos of what this dietitian eats each day.

One of the common questions I get is “what do you eat?!” My stock answer has been something vague between “just balanced eating” and “whatever my body tells me it needs.” I’ve never really divulged what I’ve eaten publicly (unless you’ve worked with me and you already know the truth), but here we go! Below, you’ll find photos of what I ate one workday last week.

Before I post them, there are a few things you should know:

1. I love fruit. I could eat it all day!
  2. This is just one day in a whole week/month/year/lifetime of meals and snacks.
  3. I drink water throughout the day.
  4. I don’t take any supplements because real food takes priority in my book.
  5. I eat (mostly) intuitively: aka I eat when my body says it is hungry or has a craving.
  6. This isn’t a meal plan for weight loss or gain. Unless you’re a 6-ft tall, 155-lbs Asian man named Thomas Ngo, don’t follow it as a recommended diet.

7:15am – whole wheat toast + PB + raspberries

9:00am – Fage 2% Greek Yogurt + a plum + 8oz of coffee (including milk + 1-2 tsp of brown sugar)

11:00am – Steel cut oats + PB + banana + shredded coconut

1:00pm – Homemade salad wrap: romaine lettuce + chicken + tomatoes + black beans + corn + shredded carrot + avocado in a flour tortilla (hella ate it with my favorite dressing and a side of Kettle chips)

2:30pm – M&Ms

4:00pm – Clif bar

5:30pm – Workout! 💪🏻💪🏻

7:30pm – Broken white rice + onions wrapped in grilled beef + pickled vegetables

9:00pm – Fresh fruit

Happy eating,

Thomas Ngo, RD

Advertisements

8 Comments Add yours

1. You make it look so easy!

1. Thomas says:

Aww thank you Aubrey! I will say that I don’t meal plan per se but I definitely have quick and easy snacks and meals on hand so I always have options. I hate the scramble of “what am I going to eat?” when I’m hangry 🙂

2. GlenysO says:

Thomas, I remember you coming into class with just the best looking concoctions…I was thinking at the time (still newly adjusting to Intuitive Eating and HAES) – if HE can eat that, I can too! LOL

And you just reminded me that I bought raspberries on the weekend and totally forgot about them until now. Thank you! I’m not much of a fruit lover – but I do like the convenience of a good banana!

1. Thomas says:

hahaha yes! I truly believe you eat with your eyes first. My coworkers know I’m always carrying around a million empty PB jars (repurposed) with random things like my oatmeal. OOOOO raspberries! Yum. If they’re too mushy, make jam 😉 Didn’t you make jam as part of your cooking demo for Joan’s class? I remember thinking…”I like jam”

1. GlenysO says:

I did make jam! I’m too lazy to do it again. I started making bagels and got bored of making those too (though they were the bomb). I think I just like the thrill of making something new. Thus my disastrous soaked steel-cut oats adventure 😉

2. Thomas says:

Definitely consider british-style scones. They’re not as dense as American ones. They’re more like biscuits 🙂 I make some with currants! Even smashing some fresh raspberries would be pretty good on them if you don’t make full jam.

3. GlenysO says:

Ok, that’s so funny that you just said scones – I said this weekend, “I think I need to try making scones!” My old English auntie that I lived with for a while used to make scones – and invariably would lament about forgetting something major, like the lard (“the laaaahhhd, the laaaahhhd! I forgot the laaahhhd!”) or the cheese that she grated. Ok, as soon as this blasted heat wave is over, I’m going to make scones!

3. Frugal Fish says:

I love fruit, too! I like to have salads at lunch. I think my downfall is forgetting the protein. I only eat it once a day.