One of the common questions I get is “what do you eat?!” My stock answer has been something vague between “just balanced eating” and “whatever my body tells me it needs.” I’ve never really divulged what I’ve eaten publicly (unless you’ve worked with me and you already know the truth), but here we go! Below, you’ll find photos of what I ate one workday last week.
Before I post them, there are a few things you should know:
- I love fruit. I could eat it all day!
- This is just one day in a whole week/month/year/lifetime of meals and snacks.
- I drink water throughout the day.
- I don’t take any supplements because real food takes priority in my book.
- I eat (mostly) intuitively: aka I eat when my body says it is hungry or has a craving.
- This isn’t a meal plan for weight loss or gain. Unless you’re a 6-ft tall, 155-lbs Asian man named Thomas Ngo, don’t follow it as a recommended diet.
7:15am – whole wheat toast + PB + raspberries
11:00am – Steel cut oats + PB + banana + shredded coconut
1:00pm – Homemade salad wrap: romaine lettuce + chicken + tomatoes + black beans + corn + shredded carrot + avocado in a flour tortilla (hella ate it with my favorite dressing and a side of Kettle chips)
4:00pm – Clif bar
5:30pm – Workout! 💪🏻💪🏻
7:30pm – Broken white rice + onions wrapped in grilled beef + pickled vegetables
9:00pm – Fresh fruit
Thomas Ngo, RD